NTHEA: College Bound, College Ready

A group brought to you by the North Texas Higher Education Authority, Inc

active 17 hours, 50 minutes ago


Friday’s Factoid: What you’ll need to complete the FAFSA (1 post)

  • nthea | 2 months, 2 weeks ago:

    You will need the following information and records of income earned in 2010 to complete the 2011-2012 FAFSA (You may also need records of your parents´ income information if you are a dependent student or your spouse’s income information if you are married).

    Your Social Security Number

    Your driver’s license (if any)

    Your 2010 W-2 Forms and other records of money earned

    Your (and your spouse´s, if you are married) 2010 Federal Income Tax Return
    - IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040 EZ
    - Foreign Tax Return, or
    - Tax Return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia, or Palau

    Your Parents´ 2010 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)

    Your 2010 untaxed income records
    - Veterans non-education benefit records
    - Child support received
    - Worker’s compensation

    Your current bank statements

    Your current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records

    Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)

    NOTE: Applicants may also link to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to have their income tax information securely transferred into their FAFSA. The IRS Data Retrieval tool will be available for the 2011-2012 FAFSA on the Web effective January 30, 2011.