Be a GenTXpert
GenTXperts are the Generation TX ambassadors of this movement in their communities
Generation TX is a movement fueled by people committed to creating the most successful generation ever by connecting students to the best resources to guide them on the path to college and career education and inspiring them to believe that education beyond high school is relevant to their lives.
Become a GenTXpert
Are you Generation TX? GenTX is calling on people who embody the values and beliefs of GenTX to lead this movement in their communities. We’re looking for students and people of all ages and all walks of life from San Antonio, Fort Worth, and across Texas to become community organizers who will help build the GenTX movement: “GenTXperts”. GenTXperts will be a diverse reflection of the communities they serve.
GenTXperts are the sparks that will ignite the Generation TX movement in their communities. They are real people taking impassioned action to support an entire generation of Texas students and encouraging them to stay on the path to college and career education beyond high school. Whether they are adults or students, in school or in their communities, GenTXperts are people who are willing to step up to actively inspire their communities and power Generation TX.
While there are some responsibilities that come with being a GenTXpert, the ways that you can support the movement as a GenTXpert are only limited by your imagination and creativity. GenTXpert responsibilities include:
- Engage in GenTXpert training: learn more about Generation TX and its goals, receive tips on how to organize your community, and gain access to great resources to help yourself and others prepare for college and career education
- Access GenTXpert toolkit materials online at GenTX.org and from Generation TX staff to help you in your efforts
- Display and share Generation TX materials to make Generation TX a visible presence in your community
- Join and contribute to the Generation TX online community at GenTX.org
- Share your own story related to college and career readiness and ask others to do the same
- Identify and promote campus and community events related to how to prepare for, apply to, and pay for college through the GenTX.org online calendar and in person
- Ask others in your communities (fellow students, friends, parents, co-workers, etc.) to be part of Generation TX by adopting the Generation TX mindset, joining the movement, signing up on the website, attending events, or volunteering
- Serve as an organizer and lead representative for Generation TX during yearly events and contests
- Inform others about major outreach events or academic deadlines (forward Generation TX emails, make announcements in your communities, put up flyers, etc.)
- Serve as a Generation TX volunteer at local education or outreach events
- Communicate periodically with local Generation TX staff to inform them of great progress in your community (submit photos online, send success stories, etc.)
- Assist with other duties as they may arise (for example, attend media events)
What You’ll Get in Return
By becoming a GenTXpert, you will get the satisfaction of playing a role in shaping the future of Texas. But you’ll also receive the following benefits:
- First-hand knowledge of how to navigate the path to college and career readiness
- Materials, training, and support you can use to successfully organize your community
- Opportunities to network with professionals in fields you may want to pursue
- Résumé-building activities and valuable leadership, outreach, and job and life experience
- Community service hours for higher education applications, including the ApplyTexas application
- The opportunity to win “GenTXcellent” prizes and giveaways
Generation TX asks GenTXperts to commit to serve for at least one semester of the academic year with the opportunity to reapply for subsequent semesters to continue their great work.
If you are a community interested in working with Generation TX to create your own community-sponsored GenTXpert training please contact [email protected].