Rock Your Future
Rock Your Future focuses on getting students thinking about their future and next steps toward college and career readiness. The Rock Your Future Planning, Promotion and Content Kits gather together everything you need to plan, promote and host Rock Your Future events in your community during the back-to-school months of August through November.
The Rock Your Future Training Video below gives an overview of what Rock Your Future is all about, what tools and materials are available to you in the kits, and ideas to make a big impact in your community.
Rock Your Future Planning Kit
The Community Planning Guide provides ideas and templates to help you design, organize, and implement Rock Your Future events in your community.
Use the Higher Education and Business Partner Request Letter Templates as base letters to customize when enlisting support from local partners.
The GenTX Music Playlist and Instruction Doc lists appropriate songs and artists that will connect with and inspire students as well as methods of purchasing or accessing the songs at a Rock Your Future pep rally to bring energy and fun to an event and get students excited.
- Rock Your Future Community Planning Guide (8.5″x11″, Color, PDF)
- Rock Your Future Higher Education Partner Request Letter Template (8.5″x11″, Color, MS Word Doc)
- Rock Your Future Business Partner Request Letter Template (8.5″x11″, Color, MS Word Doc)
- GenTX Music Playlist and Instructions (8.5″x11″, Color, MS Word Doc)
Rock Your Future Promotion Kit
Use the tools below to promote GenTX Rock Your Future activities, increase awareness and get as many students, parents and other community partners as possible to your local events. Use the flyers to fill in your customized Rock Your Future event information and promote events in your school and around your community.
Use the promotion messages to put up Rock Your Future messages on the marquee, run morning announcements in your school and run Rock Your Future announcements in your school or community newsletter. Download and print the promo flyers to GenTX your school. Use the web banners to promote GenTX and Rock Your Future on your school and other community websites. Get local media to run the radio PSAs, using the script provided. Take the design files for the Rock Your Future pep rally kits to produce more fun swag to support Rock Your Future pep rallies.
- Rock Your Future Customizable Flyer Template (8.5″x11″, Color, Black & White, MS Word)
- Rock Your Future Promotion Messages (8.5″x11″, Color, MS Word)
- Rock Your Future Promo Flyer (8.5″x11″ and 11″x17″, Color, PDF)
- Rock Your Future Web Banners (160×600, 180×150, 120×60, Color, GIF)
- Rock Your Future Radio PSA Script (8.5″x11″, Color, MS Word, English and Spanish)
- Rock Your Future Pep Rally Kit
- Rock Your Future Banner
- Rock Your Future Badges
- Rock Your Future Two-sided Rally Cards
Rock Your Future Content Kit
Use the GenTX Poster Series to promote a college-going culture in your school and display Academic Key Dates Posters to remind students of the important upcoming test dates. Print copies of the College Planning Guide and make them available anywhere in the school where students can easily reference it.
- GenTX Poster Series
- You Can’t Get In If You Don’t Apply (18″x24″, Color, PDF)
- College Begins In High School (18″x24″, Color, PDF)
- College Is For You (18″x24″, color PDF)
- You’re In Charge of Your Education, Own It. (18″x24″, Color, PDF)
- Think You Can’t Afford College? Think Again. (18″x24″, Color, PDF)
- GenTX Academic Key Dates Poster (18″x24″, Color, PDF)
- GenTX College Planning Guide (8.5″x11″, Color, PDF; English and Spanish)
This detailed brochure provides a wealth of information in English and Spanish for students beginning the college planning process. From information on the college application process and taking the SATs/ACTs to tips on how to pay for college, this comprehensive brochure is an excellent resource for counselors and advisers and the perfect addition to any Rock Your Future community efforts.
- GenTX Poster Series
Rock Your Future Video Public Service Announcements
These 30 second video public service announcements explain and promote the Rock Your Future promotion. They are available in both English and Spanish.
The PSAs shown here are available in two formats:
Standard—These PSAs are complete and ready to be shared online by adding them to your website or Facebook page by copying and pasting the embed code below. You can also request the high resolution broadcast version for placement in your local television market.
Custom—Each PSA is also available as an alternate customizable version that has several seconds of space at the end, where you can add your own unique information (name, logo, website, event info, voice over, etc.) This version is available by request, and instructions for how to create your own custom PSA are below.
English Rock Your Future Video PSA (30 seconds)
Spanish Rock Your Future Video PSA (30 seconds)
Creating a Custom Rock Your Future Video PSA
Each PSA is available as an alternate customizable version that has several seconds of space at the end, where you can add your own unique information (name, logo, website, event info, voice over, etc.) The PSA is offered in a high resolution widescreen format (16:9) for customization and then broadcast. It can be saved down to letterboxed standard resolution (4:3) if needed. Note: once you have your PSA spot customized, you’ll want to create your own embed code from your customized web version.
- Request a DVD with broadcast resolution files by emailing [email protected]
- Contact the local station on which you will be running the PSA and ask for the specifications and format the station requires for ad submissions. The station may also offer services to add your community’s information and logo to the end.
- Contact a video post-production vendor in your area to add your community’s information and logo to the last 5 seconds of the PSA, if your local station is not already doing this. If desired, you can also add a voiceover to the last 5 seconds.
- Provide the station’s submission specifications to your vendor and have them export the final spot to the correct format and specifications required by your TV station. Deliver the final spot in the desired format to your TV station.