GenTX Way to Pay
GenTX Way to Pay is a seasonal promotion held January—March each year focused on clarifying the college financial aid process for students and parents, including helping them take on the FAFSA application.
The GenTX Way to Pay resources below provide a number of tools for community leaders to plan and promote GenTX Way to Pay in their community, as well as financial aid content (posters, messages, brochures, videos and more) targeted at helping students and parents navigate the financial aid process.
The GenTX Way to Pay Training Video below gives an overview of what Way to Pay is all about, the components of the GenTX Way to Pay kits, and ideas to help you plan and promote college financial aid awareness in your own community.
GenTX Way to Pay Planning Kit
The Community Planning Guide provides ideas, goals, and suggested uses of the kit contents and templates for you to use and customize for your GenTX Way to Pay regional efforts.
Use the Request Letter Template as a base letter to customize when engaging other members of your community in your efforts by enlisting support from local partners and businesses.
- GenTX Way to Pay Community Planning Guide (8.5″x11″, Color, PDF)
- GenTX Way to Pay Local Partner Request Letter Template (8.5″x11″, Color, MS Word Doc)
GenTX Way to Pay Promotion Kit
Use the tools below to promote GenTX Way to Pay activities, increase awareness and get as many students, parents and other community partners as possible to your local financial aid events.
- GenTX Way to Pay Customizable Flyer Template (8.5″x11″, Color, MS Word Doc)
- GenTX Way to Pay Key Messages and FAQ (8.5″x11″, Color, MS Word Doc)
- GenTX Way to Pay Promotion Messages (8.5″x11″, Color, MS Word Doc)
- GenTX.org/FinancialAid Video Discussion Guide (8.5″x11″, Color, PDF)
- GenTX Way to Pay Web Banners (160×600, 180×150, 120×60, Color, GIF)
- GenTX Way to Pay Radio Script (8.5″x11″, Color, MS Word Doc, English and Spanish)
GenTX Way to Pay Content Kit
Use the GenTX Way to Pay and GenTX Poster series posters to deliver financial aid information and messages to students and families. Print copies of the Financial Guide and make them available anywhere in the school where students can easily reference it. Remember to also check out gentx.org/financialaid to watch the financial aid videos and download the Video Discussion Guide.
- GenTX Way to Pay Poster (8.5″x11″, 11″x17″, 18″x24″, Color, PDF)
- GenTX Poster Series: Financial Aid (18″x24″, Color, PDF)
- GenTX Poster Series: Find Your Way (18″x24″, Color, PDF)
- GenTX Way to Pay Financial Aid Guide (8.5″x11″, Color, PDF, English and Spanish)
This helpful guide provides a wealth of information for students and parents beginning the financial aid process. From an explanation of the challenges surrounding FAFSA to an in-depth look at the many types of financial aid, this is a great reference as you find your way to pay for college.
GenTX Way To Pay Video Public Service Announcements
These 30 second video public service announcements (PSAs) promote basic financial aid information and encourage students and parents to start finding their way to pay for college. They are available in both English and Spanish.
The PSAs shown here are available in two formats:
Standard—These PSAs are complete and ready to be shared online by adding them to your website or Facebook page by copying and pasting the embed code below. You can also request the high-resolution broadcast version for placement in your local television market.
Custom—Each PSA is also available as an alternate customizable version that has several seconds of space at the end, where you can add your own unique information (name, logo, website, event info, voice over, etc.) This version is available by request, and instructions for how to create your own custom PSA are below.
English GenTX Way to Pay Video PSA (30 seconds)
Spanish GenTX Way to Pay Video PSA (30 seconds)
Creating a Custom GenTX Way to Pay Video PSA
Each PSA is available as an alternate customizable version that has several seconds of space at the end, where you can add your own unique information (name, logo, website, event info, voice over, etc.) The PSA is offered in a high resolution widescreen format (16:9) for customization and then broadcast. It can be saved down to letterboxed standard resolution (4:3) if needed. Note: once you have your PSA spot customized, you’ll want to create your own embed code from your customized web version.
- Request a DVD with broadcast resolution files by emailing [email protected]
- Contact the local station on which you will be running the PSA and ask for the specifications and format the station requires for ad submissions. The station may also offer services to add your community’s information and logo to the end.
- Contact a video post-production vendor in your area to add your community’s information and logo to the last 5 seconds of the PSA, if your local station is not already doing this. If desired, you can also add a voiceover to the last 5 seconds.
- Provide the station’s submission specifications to your vendor and have them export the final spot to the correct format and specifications required by your TV station. Deliver the final spot in the desired format to your TV station.